complimented me
with your beautiful smile
We stood on a quiet overpass
your hands around my neck—
with an embrace and a kiss
We took a few steps
down the stairs
with lips fully locked
As if floating in the air
we gently glided down
drifting along the water
into a long tunnel of love
My hand found its way
to your most delicate place—
your eyes closed
as we slowly entered
into a tunnel
like sailing in a gondola
through the canals of Venice
Just you and me
the water
and the tunnel
in the invisible gondola
The hands,
the embrace,
the lips—
all stay locked
I wasn’t sure
if I was dreaming
or was I half-awake
I smiled—
the touch of the lips
felt so vivid and alive
Every bit of you
every bit of me
was felt
My eyes wanted to
remain shut—
my body
my mind
wanted to remain
inside the tunnel
and rest in our embrace
A swift succession followed—
the entire scene
rewound
as we sailed back out of the tunnel
In front of our eyes
the bricks started laying—
the passage to the tunnel
obstructed—
the tunnel now fully closed
Once again
the notorious wall
stood right before us—
separating the bright
and the dark sides
The wall stood—
yet we remained together
untouched by the wall